Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ringing in the new year....

After a long hiatus, I decided to dive headlong into the blogoshere once more. Keeping up on four blogs while maintaining other projects and a full time job will, I expect, get a bit hairy from time to time, but I've always been up for a challenge. I've also been all about burning my candle at both ends.

As to what I've been up to since my last post back in October....well. I spent the majority of July through October traveling for work and decided to throw a delicious, if ambitious Halloween shindig involving three types of fondue (see www.betterthanbasicbetty.blogspot.com for all my recipes). The next day, November 1 marked my first day of my very first NaNoWriMo. This pretty much consumed my November.

December flew by and since I don't want to bore you with details, just know that I had a successful month with my craft business (www.etsy.com/shop/notyouraveragemartha) and a moderately successful Christmas with gifts. Unfortunately, My friends especially got shafted on the gift front this year though I still have three gifts sitting on my table ready to give away. However, I doubt I'll see these friends of mine until the spring thaw.

At least that is how it's starting to look.

I am proud to say that I only had one Christmas/Holiday melt down this year and it was fairly mild. So where does that leave me for this brand new year? We're almost ten days in and I'm still catching up on some gifts but I did manage to take down the decorations today. I'm concentrating on resting up this month since my plans for the rest of the year explode as of February 1st.

And you'll just have to stay tuned to read what exactly those plans are.

No comments:

Post a Comment